© 2021 Heritage Community of Kalamazoo All Rights Reserved.
When recovering from an illness, injury or stroke, it’s important to focus on every aspect of your wellbeing. That’s why The Harold & Grace Upjohn Care & Rehabilitation Center offers three specific branches of rehabilitative care in private, homelike suites so that all seniors can receive the premier level of comfort and support they deserve while recuperating. Under the direction and supervision of a licensed registered nurse and the medical director, we offer speech, occupational and physical therapy. Ours are some of the most highly rated, in-house therapy offerings in the Kalamazoo area, dedicated to secure, compassionate care for all.
Our team of licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists use an integrated approach as they work closely with each resident’s physician and other healthcare providers to develop a customized treatment plan administered in affiliation with the Bronson Hospital and Borgess Medical Center, southwest Michigan’s leading health systems. Progress is measured at regular intervals and plans are adjusted as necessary to help each guest accomplish their personal therapy goals.
Commonly practiced after a serious injury or joint replacement, physical therapy helps guests speed up the recovery process. By working with our experienced team, they’re able to regain strength and improve mobility, balance and flexibility, as well as manage pain from chronic conditions like arthritis or osteoporosis.
Conditions that affect communication, swallowing or cognitive skills, such as attention or memory problems, are addressed through safe techniques that decrease the risk of choking while eating and drinking. Speech therapy can also be recommended if you have difficulty communicating, hearing, swallowing or eating.
For residents who need assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), occupational therapy is vital to recovery from an injury, illness or stroke. It enables seniors to participate in everyday tasks like bathing, dressing and eating by using adaptive equipment to enhance fine motor skills, which can also help with the early stages of memory loss.
Services and amenities
- Emergency call system in each room
- Three nutritious meals a day, overseen by certified dietary manager and registered dietitian
- Individual therapeutic diets available
- Beauty & barber shop
- Personal laundry service
- Family lounges located throughout the facility
- Active volunteer programs
- Planned activities & social events
- Medicare & Medicaid approved
- Religious services
- Wireless internet available
- Cable TV & phone service included
- Pet therapy visits
- On-site dental, podiatry, vision, mobile x-ray and massage services
- 24-hour professional nursing services and emergency medical care as well as an on-call physician
- Full range of in-house rehabilitation therapies, offered 7 days a week
- Participation in most insurance plans
- Specialized training of all staff
- Renovated facilities
- On-site automated external defibrillator
- Complimentary home evaluation prior to discharge
Connect With Us.
At Heritage Community of Kalamazoo, we promise to provide a life full of flavor, entertainment, well-being and exceptional service as you enjoy each day. Understanding your comfort and interests can only help make our community better. Contact us today at 269-382-1255 with any questions and tell us more about the future you envision for yourself or your loved one.