The Upjohn (formerly Harold & Grace Upjohn Care & Rehabilitation Center), our Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, has several branches of care — from short-term rehabilitative services to get you back on your feet to acute long-term care for those who need specialized, daily attention.
Here, our commitment to you and your loved ones is that our staff will provide innovative, person-centered short-term or long-term care in a beautiful family setting that promotes health and healing. Our dedicated caregivers are available around the clock with kindness and compassion sure to exceed your expectations.
It’s not uncommon to need a bit more time and assistance from specialized caregivers as you age. Sometimes, a couple extra days at the hospital isn’t quite enough. That’s where the best Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation centers can make all the difference in helping you get back on your feet as soon as you’re able. Because each individual’s circumstance is unique, a comprehensive range of medical resources and therapies is made available by our expert staff to ensure the quality care that all deserve.
Whether it’s around-the-clock support or just assistance with daily activities, our trained and caring professional team is dedicated to ensuring your full recovery. That includes making sure life doesn’t slow down just because you’re in Skilled Nursing. Amenities and activities, including our premier dining options, are all still available so you can enjoy every advantage of life in our community.
Services and amenities
- Emergency call system in each room
- Three nutritious meals a day, overseen by certified dietary manager and registered dietitian
- Individual therapeutic diets available
- Beauty & barber shop
- Personal laundry service
- Family lounges located throughout the facility
- Active volunteer programs
- Planned activities & social events
- Medicare & Medicaid approved
- Religious services
- Wireless internet available
- Cable TV & phone service included
- Pet therapy visits
- On-site dental, podiatry, vision, mobile x-ray and massage services
- 24-hour professional nursing services and emergency medical care as well as an on-call physician
- Full range of in-house rehabilitation therapies, offered 7 days a week
- Participation in most insurance plans
- Specialized training of all staff
- Renovated facilities
- On-site automated external defibrillator
- Complimentary home evaluation prior to discharge
Connect With Us.
At Heritage Community of Kalamazoo, we promise to provide a life full of flavor, entertainment, well-being and exceptional service as you enjoy each day. Understanding your comfort and interests can only help make our community better. Contact us today at 269-382-1255 with any questions and tell us more about the future you envision for yourself or your loved one.